• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, save it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom while showering to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread from going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times.
Reduce Stress in your life
Stress can affect your body and health, unless you learn to manage it. Are you stress out at work? Stop using those pills that make you addicted. Foods can calm you down.
What you eat can have a profound effect on how you feel and can help reduce the risk of stress and promoting vitality and energy.
Here are 10 foods that will make your life happy, a lot easier, with minimum stress and keep you healthy:
Oatmeal Carbs help you produce serotonin, a calming hormone that helps fight anxiety’s negative effects-which is probably why many of us crave them when we’re stressed. “When you eat a carbohydrate, your body sends an amino acid called tryptophan into the brain to trigger the manufacture of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that makes you feel tranquil and better able to cope,” says Wurtman.
Avocado Avocados will do wonders for your stress levels by lowering blood pressure with their tag team of nutrients, potassium and monounsaturated fats. Half an avocado a day should do the trick; slice it and add to a green salad,or mash it up to make instant guacamole and eat it with baked corn tortillas.
Walnuts A handful is all you need to tame stress. Walnuts contain fiber, antioxidants, and unsaturated fatty acids,all of which have been linked to lower blood pressure in studies.
Dark Chocolate Dark Chocolate that contains 80% cocoa. Eating dark chocolate lowered stress level hormones by reducing cortisol and catecholamines both stress loving hormones.
Spinach and Broccoli Studies show that magnesium, and vitamin B which you’ll find in spinach or in broccoli improves your body’s response to stress.
Water Sipping stress away.Drink water when you wake up 2 glasses, 30 minutes before your meal 1 glass , before taking a shower 1 glass, before going to bed 1 glass.
Wine ”A glass of wine acts as a central nervous system depressant;it initially relaxes us and lowers blood pressure,” says Kleiner.
Milk “The protein in milk, has been shown to decrease anxiety and frustration,”says Susan Kleiner, Ph.D.A glass of warm milk really is calming. Every night before going to bed have a cup of warm milk.
Orange and Parsley When your boss gives you hard time just start drinking fresh orange juice with fresh parsley.The secret anti stress ingredient in parsley and orange is Vitamin C,which can lower the blood pressure and also brought down the stressful cortisol levels back to normal.
Blueberries Their antioxidants counteract the effects of stress hormones like cortisol on your body.
Light and easy mealsEat light like salads, steam vegetables, grill chicken or fish. Fish it is great for stress. Salmon: Research shows that omega-3 fatty acids-abundant in fish like salmon-can help reverse stress symptoms by boosting serotonin levels. Any pasta , potatoes or rice for evening meals are good too. Avoid big portions. Drink water, herbal teas and fresh fruit juices. Fresh fruits, pumpkin, sunflower seeds, walnuts are also great anti-stress foods. Avoid these nutritional downers if you want to stay in good spirit: doughnuts, bacon, big portions, excess caffeine and alcohol.
[More Health Infographics Here]
10 yummy smoothies
Today the challenge is not about actually doing the work, the work should be easy.
When we all have access to the same tools, or similar tools that do the same thing, and we all have access to the same information and ideas, the challenge can’t be between the work itself. It’s no longer…